<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14082424?origin\x3dhttp://mctwins.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Potty Time with Elmo

Rob ran across a news story about a book called Potty Time with Elmo. The story claims that when you push the buttons on this interactive book that one of them says "Who wants to die?" The boys got this book for their birthday, and I was very skeptical about the news story...usually these things are people making a big deal out of nothing. I checked our book, and it's on our book - Clear as a bell! Most of the books have been replaced with a different version. Apparently not ours....I emailed the publisher to find out what they will do to fix the problem. Here's a link to the story.
 
posted by Suzanne at 1/04/2006 01:55:00 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Karen Hevesy

    I totally believe it, we have a talking Teletubbie that says "bite my butt." Isn't that nice?

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Crystal

    Wow I had no idea!! - I don't have the Elmo book, but I have some talking teletubbies - I better double check them. On the note of inappropriate toys - My sister gave my 6 year old niece a baby "Bratz" doll for Christmas and found out it had on a thong.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Bipin Sen

    can't kids just play with things they pick off the street? :-)

    hehe. for sure i'm not looking forward to discovering these "surprises". it's common for many things to have an "easter egg" - functionality that shows up only when you do a sequence of things - like push four buttons at once. it's common in software, or dvds, but i hope they don't start making a habit of putting them in toys. ugh. was anyone aware of the easter egg in the video game grand theft auto: san andreas?

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Suzanne

    This isn't an Easter Egg. I happens when you hit the button for Baby David one time. It happens every time you do it.

    Crystal - a thong???

    Karen - my best friend's kids had that Teletubbie. It seemed to us that he could have been saying "Bite my butt"....but then no one could understand Po anyways....

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Crystal

    ok - correction - I "had" some talking teletubbies. They have apparently had a few trips in the tub and they no longer talk.
    And yes - a thong - (I don't like the Bratz dolls personally in the first place) I actually heard something on the local news about it, too. They say the company is claiming it was a simple "manufacturing" error. Question - why would a toy company manufacture thongs in the first place?

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Karen Hevesy

    I am reading the comments and my jaw dropped to the floor over the Bratz dolls. We decided long ago we weren't doing the Bratz anyway because of their regular wardrobes, let alone their undergarments. I'm with bipin sen, let them play with the boxes, and whatever happened to rocks and dirt?, they never hurt anybody....well, the rocks might have....well, you get my point.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Mike, I think it is just a guy thing. Every guy I tell thinks it hillarious, including me. The latest developement is now we are selling it on Ebay. One of these things sold for $100! (I find that funny too!)

    Rob (McTwins Dad)

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Suzanne

    We got a bid on Ebay!

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Suzanne

    The book sold for $26.50 on Ebay.