<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14082424?origin\x3dhttp://mctwins.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Our Neighbors' Pets
I don't even know where to begin this post....

We have a very nice family that lives next door. The parents are natives of Vietnam, and speak broken English. They have five children who are 12, 10, 9, 4 and 4 - obviously incuding a set of twins. For Easter, they gave their children nine cute and fuzzy baby chicks. Over the summer, we have watched those baby chicks grow into HUGE chickens - 4 hens and a rooster. Thank goodness there aren't nine of them. Keep in mind, we live in the CITY! There are 7 houses within a stone's throw. These chicken aren't in a coop. They just wander all around the fenced-in yard. The parents told us recently that they keep the rooster in the garage at night so he won't wake up the neighborhood. They have found themselves in a difficult situation: What to do with the chickens?

This weekend, the chickens got out of the back yard, and Rob helped round them up! I was in the house cooking dinner....if only I had the camera. The boys loved watching him help the neighbors run down all the chickens. I would have let the oncoming traffic take care of them. There nothing like hearing "Cock-a-doodle-doo" at 6 AM!


Since the parents don't want to kill the chickens, I've tried to offer suggestions on what to do - take them to the dairy farm at UT, maybe my sister-in-law, Rebecca, might want them on her FARM.

This situation reminds me of a post by Josh Harris a few months back.
 
posted by Suzanne at 10/03/2006 04:15:00 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I'll take my neighbors 3 dogs wandering the neighborhood over a rooster waking me up at 6am any day! At least I know when a stranger comes in to the neighborhood. I feel like they're MY watch dogs now. It's gotten better now that the dogs like us and we like them. Except when they leave poop in our yard.

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    We too would love to see video of Rob running down the chickens! Maybe you should keep a camera at the ready in case it happens again. You could maybe make something off of a movie like that.

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger stephanie

    For all i care you can put all the chickens in our back yard with our mangy dog. Maybe it would give him something to do besides bark and bother me. Did i say that out loud?