<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14082424?origin\x3dhttp://mctwins.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Christmas Tree Tour
Laurie started a Christmas Tree Tour on her blog and asked for others to post a picture of their tree. If you have a blog and would like to post of picture of your tree and other decoration, post a comment below so we can all see your post!



Our tree is very ecclectic. Some decorations are from my childhood; some are from Rob's. We also have new ornaments for the boys every year. Since the boys were born, our tree has gone through significant changes. When they were three days old, we were treeless because I had been on bedrest, and didn't have Rob put it up since he had done some much already. We spent that Christmas in the hospital anyways. When the boys were 12 months old, we had a gate around the tree so they couldn't pull up on the branches. Last year we were ornamentless on the bottom half. This year, I decorated the tree in phases...tree with star, then lights and finally ornaments. On the picture above, you'll notice that there are places where some ornaments are missing. That happened when the boys decided to fling the remote controls into the tree knocking off many ornaments.

This is my favorite ornament. My second grade teacher gave it to my family.
This is our Christmas Card Tree. You might even find a picture of your family there.

Here's our mantle. Rob and I bought the print on our honeymoon.

 
posted by Suzanne at 12/21/2006 07:57:00 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Thank you so much for participating in the tour. Your tree is beautiful. I love the evolutionary history behind your trees since the boys were born. I remember at least one year with a mini tree on a table to try to keep little guys from temptation. You house looks lovely and classy, just like I expected.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I liked how you pointed out your favorite ornament and showed us the rest of your festive house. Looks great.w

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Bethany

    Very pretty tree. I have been loving the ribbons lots are putting on their trees but I have to say your ric rack (I have no idea if that is how you spell it hee hee) is soooooo adorable!!!!

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Briana Almengor

    Our tree evolutions are similar. Two years ago, no problem: the boys were only 4 months old. They not so quietly sat in their swings and stared at the Christmas tree that I decorated in all white lights and silver.
    Last year, we picked one up from a tree lot (a huge sacrifice for me), put colored lights on (again, a sacrifice for the boys' pleasure)and a gate around the bottom (yet again a sacrifice of asthetics for the sake of safety).
    *Note: ALL these small sacrifices were well worth it for my boys' sake!

    This year, we went back to the tree farm to cut one down: a bit more work than it's ever been to do so, but again, well worth it!
    It's back to the white lights b/c we just got too tired to put on more strands of colored. And, it was also decorated in several phases over the course of a week or more.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Zoanna

    I love the close-ups of your ornaments in the tree. The key from the rental car--very creative keepsake ornament. Love the mantle display. Easy on the eyes, very pretty.