
I just returned from my 26 week OB appointment and ultrasound. Our little guy weighs in at approximately 2 lbs 6 oz. This is about the average size for a 28-29 weeker....So, I'm apparently growing a big boy in there. I'd love for him to weigh more than the boys put together. That would be at least 7 lbs 4 oz.
My blood pressure has been very good throughout most of the pregnancy. I had some higher readings around 16-20 weeks, but it seems to have dropped very nicely. But the good news is that I got my lab report back from my 24-hour urine test. Because of my history with pre-eclampsia and kidney damage, I have the honor of completing 24-hour urine tests throughout the pregnancy. It's a pretty simple task but not fun to do. I collect my urine in a 24-hour time period, and then it's sent away to a lab. Fun! Fun! To make a long story short, the normal for women is 0-150 mg of protein in a 24-hour time period. As the years have passed, my numbers have consistently decreased. My numbers have ranged from 1400+ to 240 since the boys were born. I am proud to announce that I am almost normal! My numbers from my last test on August 31 were 158mg of protein. I was pleasantly shocked with this result! I was hoping for the numbers to be stable since the last test at 10 weeks pregnant. I didn't imagine that they'd be 80 mg lower.
.jpg)
I've struggled off and on with fear throughout this pregnancy, and God has shown Himself faithful once again! Why do we ever doubt Him? Thanks for praying for me and our little guy! Please continue to pray that my blood pressure and protein would continue to stay normal (or almost normal in the case of the protein).
bottom picture - his little foot
Labels: Baby #3


Yeah... I'm glad everything is going so well. I'm continuing to pray.