
These pricey bulbs are supposed to save me lots of money over the life of the bulb - which is normally seven years. What if the life of the bulb is only three days? How much did I save?
*This photo is not of the actual bulb. The actual bulb is all over the bonus room floor.
Labels: Henry

Suzanne, Long time no talk! This is Traci--I used to go to church with you in Knoxville. Listen, I work in TV news, and we have this story running today. I don't think it's a coincidence. I never comment on these things... but thought this was worth it.
========================
Compact fluorescent light bulbs have been touted as a money-saving, eco-friendly alternative to traditional bulbs, but now a potential danger has been found. The Environmental Protection Agency says if the bulb is broken, it releases a powder that contains mercury. Some of it can evaporate into the air, making it difficult to contain or clean up. Prolonged exposure to the neurotoxin can affect the development of fetuses, infants and young children. The E-P-A has written guidelines on how to clean up a broken bulb and the mercury. Officials recommend you open windows to ventilate the area, then scoop up the mercury using paper or cardboard or pick it up using tape or a sticky material. You're advised to dispose of the debris in a glass jar or plastic bags.
===========================
You obviously don't have to worry about long term exposure, I just wanted you to have the warning in case the kids dropped a box of them or something. :)
Traci