
It's time to clean out those junk drawers! I am collecting items to use with my "Hands-on" Math Curriculum for Kindergarten. If you are local and have any of the things listed below that you'd like to donate to the cause, I'd be very grateful. Don't worry about sorting things out, the boys can do that their first week of school.
beads of all kinds
shells
buttons
yarn
small rocks, seeds, stones, pine cones
bolts, nuts, washers
small lids, bottle caps
keys
small tiles
golf tees
empty spools
craft sticks
dice
game spinners
mismatched game pieces
clothes pins
old magazines and catalogs
old measuring cups and spoons
small boxes (jewerly size)
toothpicks
refrigerator magnets
small plastic animals/people
Labels: homeschooling

I love hands-on curriculums! After you use it for math stuff, you can also have them draw themselves then use items to make a collage of themself. I did it when I interned at UT and the kids LOVED it!