<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14082424?origin\x3dhttp://mctwins.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, December 01, 2005
Holiday Party Cookies
My mother always made lots of cookies, bars, and fudge at this time of year. After she died, I got all her recipes. This year I am planning to do the same things. I thought I would share some of her recipes with you.

These cookies are my brother's favorite. His wife makes them every Christmas since my mom isn't here to do them!


Holiday Party Cookies

1 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 3/4 cups M&M's

Blend shortening and sugars in a large bowl. Beat in vanilla and eggs. Sift dry ingredients together; add to mixture, blending well. Stir in 3/4 cups M&M's.

Drop by tsp. on ungreased baking sheet; decorate tops with remaining candy. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Some cracking may occur. Makes about 72 (2 1/2 inch) cookies
 
posted by Suzanne at 12/01/2005 12:47:00 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments: