<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14082424?origin\x3dhttp://mctwins.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Garage Sale Time in Tennessee
In an effort to get rid of some extra stuff we have lying around, we are having a garage sale on Saturday. If you've ever had one, you know how time consuming they can be...all the sorting, pricing, arranging, etc. Hopefully our trash will be another's treasures. I started the process with different stacks - Ebay, kids' consigment store, used books, garage sale, charity, and trash. If you are in town, we'll be here! We have a lot of stuff (along with Kristie, Brian and Zerita, Heidi, and Cindy) so come by if you "need" anything. I'll let you the final total after we come up for air.
 
posted by Suzanne at 5/24/2006 07:40:00 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Unknown

    It would be hard for me to go to a friend's garage sale... they would see the cheap Michelle come out. For whatever reason I'll pay $19.99 for something in a store without question but at a garage sale I refuse to pay full price. I have to bargain that 75 cent item down to 2 for a dollar. hehe...

    Goood luck! I wish the sales were as good here - for whatever reason they are mostly junk. :(

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Laurie

    I am so glad you said how you did this. we are tackling the garage once we finish this school year (literally, as opposed to emotionally when we finished 6 weeks ago). anyway, i am going to sort like you did. Thanks! any other considerations? e-mail me. do you still my e-mail address?

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Zoanna

    I have never held a successful garage sale. What are some tips for making it worthwhile? I spend more time sorting, cleaning, pricing, setting up and taking down than actually taking in money. I'd love to read your post if your sale turns out successfully.

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Kristie

    "Yard", "Garage", "Rummage" sales are a way of life here. It's our way of recycling. We love getting out on a pretty day, nosing through someone's stuff, taking home a perceived bargain, and then selling it on ebay to folks who don't "go yard selling."

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Suzanne

    Zoanna - it's like this.....Heidi had a wool crib blanket - new with tags. I checked on ebay and it was selling for $60.00. I bought it for $2 from Heidi, and I'll sell it on ebay for $60. Just kidding - if it weren't my friend that's what I'd do....but now we'll sell it on ebay for Heidi.