<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/14082424?origin\x3dhttp://mctwins.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, August 10, 2006
So Far, So Good!
We decided to move the boys into their beds tonight. We were planning to do it on Saturday evening, but Rob is ushering and counting the offering and I have children's ministry on Sunday. We didn't think it would benefit ANYONE if we had two fussy boys at church and two potentially exhausted parents serving others.

We've only heard one peep from them since they went to bed. That was when they heard a loud clap of thunder. Other than that NOTHING! I'm assuming they'll wake up early. We'll see.

What we did to help them get ready for this moment: 1. We talked about it a lot. Recently, we've been communicating that their "white beds" would be taken away and they would get to sleep in their "big boy beds." 2. I bought them a new stuff animal (zebras) just for them to sleep with in their new beds. We gave them their new zebras just before we got their pajamas on. 3. We kept our night-time routine the same as normal. 4. We kept them up a little later than normal.

We are grateful for God's kindness! Thanks for your prayers and suggestions. I'll let you know how our night goes!

EDITED FRIDAY MORNING TO ADD: They did it! They slept in their beds all night. We heard Jonathan around 3:00 looking for his water and paci (our next challenge). But he never got up! Let's see how long they sleep this morning. They normally get up around 8:00.

I wanted to share some pictures from the evening for your enjoyment.



Henry's last time in his crib





Jonathan's last time in his crib




Henry in his new bed




Jonathan in his new bed
 
posted by Suzanne at 8/10/2006 10:12:00 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Wow... Impressive Suzanne. I don't think Abigail took to her new bed that well AT ALL! The thunder is bad here. I don't know if I can sleep.

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Suzanne

    We have been amazed by this! Our expectations were extremely low but God had other plans! THANK YOU, GOD!

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Michelle

    What an answer to prayer! Abigail didn't take so well to hers because we did it before she was even 2! But she was already getting out of her crib.

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Karen Hevesy

    The look on Henry's face is priceless! New bed or execution? I think they did very...I still end up with a couple of mine when it thunders!

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Karen Hevesy

    I meant to say they did very..well! Missed a word there.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Suzanne

    Karen - I didn't even notice that you forgot the word "well." I think my mind read it anyways. I'm glad it was WELL and not GOOD in my head. I haven't lost my grammar skills being at home and out of the classroom. :)

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger JennGrover

    Their haircuts are great, btw. They keep getting cuter all of the time!

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Rebecca

    That's great Suzanne! Here is a tip. Don't let them know they can get out. Lift them out of the bed in the morning like you did the crib. Eventually they will figure it out but it worked for a liitle while with Rylee.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Nicole Seitler

    Too cute, Suzanne! Thanks for all sharing these wonderful pictures. :)