<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/14082424?origin\x3dhttp://mctwins.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, August 07, 2006
The Time Has Come
We are moving the boys to their "big boy beds" very soon. We bought the mattresses - yes, I know there's only three in the picture. The other one will arrive on Friday. We spent hours - I mean many hours - stripping the varnish and paint off the beds. Rob spent hours priming and painting the beds. They are now finished. The beds had already been painted, so we did not mind repainting them.



We got the beds from Rob's mom. They belonged to Rob's grandmother. (I think they even go back farther in the family than her.)

So, as we move our "wild" toddlers to their twin beds, please pray that it will be a smooth transition. Any advice is welcomed - PLEASE!
 
posted by Suzanne at 8/07/2006 07:49:00 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Kate

    Check out "Supernanny" for methods on keeping your boys in their beds. Her ideas worked really well for Jack! We are moving our girls into big beds after Xmas (our families are buying us 2 twin beds as gifts). Let us know how things go in the transition. I'll pray for you!

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Briana Almengor

    I was just talking to Lawrence last night about doing the same for our guys within the next 3 months as that is my 2nd trimester for baby #3, and I want the boys well adjusted to being in the big boy beds before the baby comes and before I get too big to be down on the floor spanking them all naptime long.

    Please let us know what works well and what doesn't. I'm sure Laurie will be chiming in w/ her advice. That's who I go to! :)

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I (obviously) have no advice... but will stay posted to glean from your experience.

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I read somewhere that a tall glass of Nikki-Boo-Boo with a small side order of duct tape if necessary does the trick.

    Robert T

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I love the bed! How cute. I'm not gonna lie...this was a tough one for us. e-mail me for moral support. you have an empathetic friend.

    By way of encouragement, I will say that my boys love sharing a room. They have a little nightly debriefing ritual (tonight: reviewing cool soccer moves at practice today). I truly think it is worth the effort you will put forth for them to share a room. some kind of bonding takes place for mine at night...and in the morning - early morning :).

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger FishMama

    We've got four in one room. Our 2-year old just transitioned to a toddler bed this summer. The thing that has helped with all of them during this time is a gate on their bedroom door. Yes, they stand at the gate and cry, but at least they can't do the "fire engine cry" all over the house. It also helped that I stayed in the room, creeping ever closer to the door for the first few weeks. God bless this new season!