I've started letting the boys play in the fenced-in backyard while I work in the kitchen. I peek out and check on them every five minutes or so. Here's what I found today when I check on the boys - sand box wading. We have about 5 inches of water in our sand box along with sand...

After the shovels and bowls were too boring to play with, they resorted to stomping in it. Keep in mind - they have one pair or shoes. Stupid me didn't think they'd need more than one pair...they're boys! After a nice warm bath and some dry clothes, they are sleeping soundly!
It sure is hard to stop all that "fun". We have a friend with 4 little boys and they buy galoshes for them to play outside in. We keep "mud shoes" but have the advantage of passing down from older siblings.
Ann