<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14082424?origin\x3dhttp://mctwins.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Terms of Endearment
I thought on Valentine's Day Eve we could all share the terms of endearment that we have for our children. Just in case you don't know what a term of endearment, here's a definition from Wikipedia: A term is endearment is a word or phrase used to address and/or describe a person, animal or object for which you feel affection for. Examples are calling a spouse 'sweetie', 'honey', 'darling' etc.

Most recently, we call our boys Bug ~ J-Bug and H-Bug or Henry-Bug. When the boys were newborns, Jonathan had the name, The Pokey Little Puppy, because it too him a looooong time to finish a bottle. We also called the boys Sir Poops A Lot and SeƱor Poopy Pants. I don't think either one of those Terms of Endearment needs an explanation. We've also been known to call them Buddy Boo.


What about your children? What Terms of Endearment do you have for them?

Labels:

 
posted by Suzanne at 2/13/2007 01:48:00 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 12:26 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Adeline - Adster-pie, Love Bird, Love, Stinky Bird, Porcupine

    John Michael - GaGa, buddy, stinky man

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Laura

    I love to call Christian - sweet pea. Aaron calls him buddy boo, little man, buddy, little guy.

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    We call Grace, "Gracie Goosie" and Sissy, but I absolutely can't stand to hear someone else call her Gracie. The boys I have always called Booger. I don't know why, but I have. Chris calls the boys "G" Man.
    What can I say we are just strange!

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Kate

    Aaron-"Honey" "Baby"
    Jack-"Angel" "Brother" "Buddy"
    Molly-"Pixie" "Sugar" "Sissy"
    Moriah-"Bunny" "Sister"

    When referring to both girls, I call them "girlies" or "the girlies."

    If you can't tell, I'm big on pet names. I don't like hearing others do it, though, so I try to keep it to a minimum when in public. It's just so cheesy...but....fun!

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger The Girberts

    We call Eli "Kick." It all started when he was a baby and would lay in his crib and kick his legs like crazy making loud thumping sounds. We stated calling him Kicking Bucket and it has gotten shortened to "Kick" over time!!