Where: Chick-fil-a
When: Today - 11:20
Why: an early lunch because the library doesn't open until noon
Who: a crazy mom and her two year-old twin boys
The three of us go out by ourselves often. We go to the park, the store, fast food restaurants, the library, etc. But I think we've hit the brick wall when it comes to eating out alone. From the boys, who are in rolling highchairs, pushing off the table and rolling 7 feet away from the table into people coming in the door and not obeying when I asked them to stop; to the son, who shall remain nameles, screaming, kicking and pulling my shirt half off because he didn't want to go home; to the other son running away from me, twice.... You can now see why I'm calling it quits to eating out with just the three of us.
I remember before I had children that I couldn't believe the behavior I saw in some children. My children would be obedient. They would never kick and scream in public. Oh, how wrong I was. My children are sinners and so am I (surprise, surprise) They don't want to obey and be cheerful. I must train them. Rob says that getting married is Dying to Self 101. Having children must be a graduate course. Have mercy on us sinners, God!
I thought you'd enjoy seeing some of our "not so good" moments like the ones today:


Doesn't my sister-in-law, Melissa, look very calm in this picture as always!
suzie-q.... i hope it gives you SOME comfort to know that your post cracked me up. We always want to show the cutesie pictures of our kids but the truth is that too often they are pulling those kinds of faces!! My favorite is all the clothes thrown over the gate. When Addy protests a nap she gets everything in her crib and throws it overboard in anger. Unfortunately for her we are pretty committed to letting her put herself to sleep... so it usually means a LONG wait to get her beloved Lucy Lamb and paci back. Thanks for sharing - makes me remember I'm not alone... and that I only have one at a time going through a feisty stage!