<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14082424?origin\x3dhttp://mctwins.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, February 13, 2006
Helpful Hints from YOU!
Anyone have an idea for getting black permanent marker off the hardwood floor?? My first thought was the MAGIC ERASER. I don't have one. I meant to get one today at Wal-Mart. If it's not on the list, I don't remember it.

You would think after the wedding album incident that I wouldn't leave pens sitting around my house. We going to be putting hardwoods in the living room/dining room and replacing the foyer so it will match....so if it doesn't come out, it will be fine.
 
posted by Suzanne at 2/13/2006 01:38:00 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Jill Brickey

    Have you tried just a normal pencil eraser? That or just rubbing/scratching it off may work. Pat Summit signed my laptop with a permanent marker and it's already coming off just from me touching it.

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Nicole Seitler

    Whoa. o_O

    I don't know if Magic Eraser could even help with that (unless it's superficial).

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Randy & Sarah

    To remove permanent marker is denatured alcohol. That's what I found on the internet. Randy says you can probably buy it at a hardware store. It said to put part alcohol and part water on the marks.

    Hope it comes out for you!

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Kristie

    buy a rug

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Zoanna

    I usually first try making a paste of baking soda and water for just about every kind of stain. Works on most. If it doesn't remove it, it at least lightens it. There's just enought abrasiveness to it, but no bleach or harmful chemical.
    Hope you find something. We are way too familiar with markers and unacceptable "canvases" at our house. Picasso has been in the foyer, living room and dining room--all on the same day! Didn't ask to be paid.