<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/14082424?origin\x3dhttp://mctwins.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Colic???
Any moms with colic experience.....HELP!!

Symptoms of Colic

Loud and continuous crying that can last from one to three hours at a time, with these crying episodes occurring about three or four days a week - somewhat

Although the crying can happen at any time, most colicky babies cry more in the late afternoon or evening - check

Baby’s face gets red - check

Legs are pulled up to the stomach and then may be fully stretched - check

Feet may be cold - not sure because he usually has on a sleeper

Hands may be clenched - check

Some babies refuse to eat or become fussy soon after eating - check

Difficulty falling and staying asleep - check

Baby may lift their head or legs and pass gas - check

Baby may seem generally uncomfortable and appear to be in pain - check

Labels:

 
posted by Suzanne at 1/09/2008 03:23:00 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Randy & Sarah

    Oh no! Not good! I am so sorry he's showing all those symptoms. Neither of my girls had those. I've heard "gripe water" works well on colicy babies. I've also heard that massaging baby while upset helps them too. Definitley swaddling tight works well. Is it your breastmilk..sometimes you can eat stuff that upsets the baby's tummy. Just trying to help. If you need to talk, hollar at me! Love you!

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger amber@This Mommy Cooks

    I didn't have a real problem with colic, but I think all kids have what they call the "witching hour" =) Jacks still gets upset around 4:45 or 5. If you think he has gas, give him mylicon with his feedings, it only works on upper GI gas, so make sure you give it with the feedings. I hope it gets better for you!

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    cut out dairy and talk to Stephanie!

    -Melanie O.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Melanie Cahill told me about a great book that helped me with my third called "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby" or something like that. It had some great info on colic. I bet she'd copy you the chapter!

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger Kate

    Mine all had a little colic when they were babies, but nothing seemed to work well. But, I got through it with God's grace--in the form of a nice hot bubble bath and a glass of Sutter Home Moscato wine every night while Aaron dealt with the babies! Call me anytime if you need anything, Suzanne!! I'll pray for you tonight.